Offers Over £599,000
Set in beautifully maintained and well-established garden grounds in this peaceful residential pocket a blonde sandstone semi detached villa, built circa 1877, offering versatile family accommodation within eight principal apartments formed over three levels. The property is finished and dressed in blonde sandstone under a pitched and slate roof with deep overhangs. Internally the property displays a wealth of period detailing most notably ceiling cornice work, stained/leaded glass and ornate woodwork.
Complete accommodation extends to entrance portico, vestibule, welcoming hallway with attractive wood paneling and cloakroom/ W.C, superb bay windowed formal lounge with focal point fireplace and comfortable family sitting / dining room with bay window to rear offering aspects over the gardens. There is a substantial modern fitted kitchen with space for table and chairs, and French doors leading to a lovely garden room which offers access to both a large utility room and the rear gardens. Original staircase leads to first floor and a broad upper landing, three double bedrooms (main bedroom with bay window and access to study / dressing room), and a large family bathroom with three piece suite and corner shower cubicle. The second floor hosts a landing with impressive skylight, further two large bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room, and a 17ft long walk-in store room. The impressive D-shaped conservatory was erected circa 1896, and whilst beautiful, will require some renovation.
The majority of the windows have been replaced with timber framed casement double glazing, retaining the original stained glass. There is also a modern system of gas fired central heating. The established garden grounds are of particular note, being incredibly well stocked, enjoying southerly aspects to the rear. Driveway to the side provides ample off street parking for a number of cars and leads to a large detached garage with electric up and over door.
The property is positioned within walking distance of shops and amenities upon Shields Road and Nithsdale Road/Kildrostan Street where thriving coffee shops, restaurants and delicatessens can be found. More extensive amenities are available at the Marks and Spencer’s store at Queen’s Park, the Sainsburys Local on Darnley Road, the Morrisons store at Crossmyloof, Giffnock or Newlands and the shopping mall at Silverburn is a short drive to the West.
Recreational pursuits are varied namely at Clydesdale Cricket Club, Titwood Bowling and Tennis Club, Maxwell Park, Pollok Country Park where Pollok House and the World famous Burrell collection can be found, also Bellahouston Park & its Ski and Sports Centre.
Schooling is available locally at primary and secondary levels including Hutcheson’s Grammar and the local Glasgow Gaelic school. There are also a number of pick up points within the G41 area for Glasgow’s leading independent schools.
Frequent public transport services provide rapid commuter access to the City Centre from several local train stations and nearby Shields Road Underground. There is also a cycle route to the City Centre.
From Shawlands proceed city bound on Haggs Road veering right at the traffic lights onto St Andrews Drive. Proceed past the park/pond and through the next set of lights turning first right onto Aytoun Road. Proceed East along Aytoun Road for approximately 250 yards and number 21 stands on the right shortly before the junction with St Johns Road.
247 Kilmarnock Road,
Tel: 0141 636 7588
Mon – 9 - 5.30pm
Tue – 9 - 5.30pm
Wed – 9 - 8pm
Thu – 9 - 8pm
Fri – 9 - 5.30pm
Sat – 9.30 - 1pm
Sun – 12 - 3pm