Rosehill, Millichen Road, By Bearsden
Offers Over £398,000
- Property Type: Detached Villa
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Public Rooms: 2
This most charming, yet substantial, detached period home has an idyllic setting, in the heart of the countryside, just outside Bearsden close to Dobbies garden centre and the Tickled trout restaurant. The setting in West Millichen provides wonderful open views to the surrounding countryside and beyond with the property itself being situated on a quiet private road with no through access.
West Millichen, which lies behind Boclair and stretches across open fields to the river Kelvin, is monitored by rspb ornithologists surveying the many bird species including a resident tree sparrow colony, skylarks, linnet, lapwings, Yellowhammers, reed Buntings as well as herons and the impressive flocks of migrant greylag geese in autumn and spring.
The original part of the property dates from the 1920s and a substantial extension has been added, to provide a versatile layout of accommodation. The property, which sits on a plot of approximately one quarter of an acre, offers a perfect balance between traditional features and contemporary fixtures and fittings and is complimented by a high quality, stylish, modern kitchen, featuring an electric Aga and contemporary, fully tiled, bathrooms.
There are beautifully kept, well stocked, colourful gardens, generous driveway parking and a substantial garage, with workshop, store, electrically operated door and power, light and plumbing installed.
The accommodation on offer extends to:
• Reception hallway, with storage
• Formal lounge, with log burning stove and separate dining area
• Family room, with feature period fireplace
• Fully integrated kitchen, featuring an electric 3 oven Aga range cooker, contemporary units with solid Oak doors, granite worktops and natural polished slate floor. Off the kitchen is a utility cupboard with extra storage
• Four, well proportioned, double sized bedrooms two with period fireplaces and three with large built-in storage space.
• Master bedroom with beautiful en-suite shower room
• Four piece family bathroom, with a free standing bath and a curved glass shower enclosure.
• Oil central heating
• Double glazing
• Particularly attractive, fully enclosed, extensive front garden secured by timber fencing and bordered by established hedging, shrubs and mature trees.
• Summerhouse and choice of patio areas to catch the sun at different times of the day
• Vegetable garden area, with greenhouse
EER Band - E
Gross internal floor area - 1496 sqft approx
Plot - 0.25 acre approx
Rosehill sits within West Millichen which, although rural, is conveniently placed just approximately two miles from Bearsden Cross and three miles from Milngavie town center. There are also good road links into Glasgow City Centre and surrounding areas, closer to home are popular amenities Dobbie’s Garden Centre and The Tickled Trout Tavern.
Sat Nav - Rosehill, 496 Millichen Road, West Millichen, G23 5HQ (via Balmore Rd).
Branch Address4 Canniesburn Toll, Bearsden, G61 2QU
Tel: 0141 942 5888
Email: [email protected]
Mon, Fri 9am-5.30pm
Tue, Wed, Thu 9am-8pm
Email us your Enquiry
To arrange to view, download the "Home Report" or to ask a question about this property - simply enter your details below.