The Scottish Government this week announced the introduction of additional restrictions for people living across Scotland and as of Tuesday, January 5th. We will be monitoring the situation closely as it progresses and will follow the Scottish Governments guidelines.
Ensuring that our clients needs are being met, we will continue to update and provide detailed information at all times. Based on the current advice from the government, we have outlined the key points relating to the Scottish property market.
The Property Market Remains Open
Despite this latest lockdown, we are happy to report that the property market remains open, that house viewings can continue to take place and sales are able to progress. Each Corum branch will also be open and hand to support you as usual throughout this period. As always, our priority is to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and the wider community, as such we will continue to exercise the health and safety policies we have put place that remain in-line with the Scottish Governments latest guidance and we would kindly ask those that engage with us to follow.
You can still proceed with selling your home:
The latest Scottish Government guidance states that “activities in connection with moving home” are deemed as a reasonable excuse to leave your property. Our sales teams will continue to provide valuations and take your property to market with the same dedication to a first class, hands-on sales approach that Corum are renowned for. Buyers are also permitted to view properties under the latest guidance, and our teams are again on hand to provide every element of support you will need to conduct viewings yourself, and where desired will conduct them on your behalf.
Guidance on viewing properties is as follows:
If you are actively looking to move home, you are still allowed to to view properties under the latest Government guidelines. Strict health & safety measures will of course be in place and we will advise each viewer of the procedures in place in advance of them viewing a property with Corum. A quick summary of the current viewing guidelines are as follows:
- Viewings are strictly by appointment only, with a specific time slot given to each viewer that we ask you to stick to in order to comply with the Scottish Government guidelines and ensure the safety and wellbeing of those in attendance.
- When attending viewings, you are required to wear a mask at all times. Without a mask, viewings will not go ahead.
- Viewings are time restricted, you should not stay longer than it takes to complete a viewing.
- All viewings must be contactless; our teams will ensure that all doors are open in advance of you arriving.
- Only two adults can attend a viewing at any one time together.
- Additional visits to a property can take place, but must be co-ordinated via the branch managing the sale of the property.
We fully respect each individual’s own level of caution and judgement, if you have any questions or queries about how restrictions may impact your decision to buy, sell or mover home we encourage you to contact the Corum team where our branch staff will be more than happy to assist.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and ongoing co-operation during these unique and challenging times for us all.
The Corum Team