The Pillar House 20 Montgomery Street, Glasgow
Offers Over £550,000
B-listed Georgian town house with additional garden cottage set within beautifully landscaped gardens built in 1780. Virtual tour available.
- Property Type: Terraced House
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Public Rooms: 3
The Pillar House, 20 Montgomery Street, built in 1780 is a three storey town house that is much admired within the conservation village of Eaglesham. Distinguished by its impressive front elevation with Doric columns, and offering extensive family accommodation over three floors. Many period features have been retained throughout the property, with these having been sympathetically refurbished and upgraded by the present owners.
The property is set within beautifully landscaped private south facing garden grounds with additional accommodation to the rear; The Statue House which is a stone built refurbished attached cottage.
The principal residence’s notable features include an upgraded gas central heating system with two Worcester boilers, traditional sash and casement double glazed windows to the front with double glazed windows to the rear, traditional cornicing and ceiling roses, upgraded wiring and other considerable improvements to the interior including modern kitchen and bathrooms.
The ground floor accommodation is entered via columned entrance giving access into a lovely traditional style hallway with feature sweeping staircase, principal lounge, sitting/family room, south facing dining room and fully integrated dining sized kitchen with range cooker. The first floor is accessed via a sweeping staircase leading to three double sized bedrooms, a new modern/contemporary en-suite shower room off the third bedroom, and a beautifully refitted family bathroom with modern contemporary tiling, twin wash hand basins with marble surround, freestanding bath and large walk-in shower enclosure.
The rear elevation of the Pillar House is just as impressive as the front, with magnificent turret housing a wide spiral sandstone staircase that gives access to the fantastic master bedroom suite with large four piece en-suite bathroom and additional walk-in dressing room.
The cellar extends under the entire ground floor, and is split into four sections branching off a central passageway, accessed from the turret staircase providing extensive utility and storage space and additional scope for development (main store room extending to 21’3” x 11’2”).
The Statue House
Built circa 1765, The Statue House is a refurbished stone built cottage comprised of two large rooms, one with feature vaulted ceiling, the other with large stone fireplace and extensive attic storage. These spacious and flexible areas are ideal for working from home, use as treatment rooms, home office/gymnasium or other uses. There are five doors providing access from the Pillar House garden on one side, and access lane on the other, linking the property to the main road. Both rooms are fully insulated, double glazed and fitted with power and light.
The garden grounds are a real feature with sandstone pathways and patios, sculpted lawn areas complemented by external lighting, detached summer house and a further expansive lawn area to the rear. There is a large stone built storage shed in the garden and three further storage pods to the side of the Statue House. In addition, the grounds house a monobloc parking area to the side and rear of the property, accessed through double gates that provide security and privacy.
EER Band D.
The conservation village of Eaglesham is a fine example of late 18th Century planning and architecture, and the village was designated Scotland’s first outstanding conservation area in 1960. The village provides a range of local shops, up-market hotel, bars, restaurants, popular village primary school and is also within the catchment radius for nationally recognised first class schooling. Some of Scotland’s finest independent schools are also easily accessible on the south side of Glasgow. The surrounding countryside offers quiet country lanes, fishing and a number of highly regarded golf courses. There are regular bus services provided to the city centre and excellent motorway networks providing swift access to Glasgow and Ayrshire. Busby Station and Clarkston Station are the local train stations. Both Glasgow and Prestwick airports are also within easy reach.
From our office on Ayr Road, Newton Mearns travel south bound and continue through Mearns Cross on the Ayr Road and as signposted take the A726 to East Kilbride. Continue along the dual carriageway and at the first roundabout take the third exit on the right onto the B767 entering the village of Eaglesham. On entering the village proceed onwards to Eaglesham Cross turning right into Montgomery Street, proceed onwards and the property is on the left hand side.
Branch Address134 Ayr Road, Newton Mearns, G77 6EG
Tel: 0141 639 5888
Mon, Fri 9am-5.30pm
Tue, Wed, Thu 9am-8pm
Email us your Enquiry
To arrange to view, download the "Home Report" or to ask a question about this property - simply enter your details below.